Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happy Belated Veterans Day!! Plus Knitterlly things!!

Having been a Navy Brat, with both of my parents serving, I know what it is to be pproud of those who serve in the armed forces. it doesn't matter what branch, they all live every day to give us our freedom! Thank you, all of you for all that you have done and all that you will continue to do, to ensure our children and their children live free!

Now I will step down off of the soap box and show you some pics!!!!
S and I dyed our knit picks bare 100% merino superwash yarn today. Never thought you could successfully dye it with Kool Aid but that we did. It was great....the smells were reminiscent of childhood for me.....the colors were very cool! She was extremely proud of her hard work!!!








It was a 3 person job but we balled her yarn and after she went to bed mom started her first sock. I gave her a choice between lacey or warm, and she picked warm, which shocked the poop out of me...... so I am giving her the best of both worlds, more on that later!!!!








Little B did it!! He got his foot to his mouth on his own!!! and promptly put himself to sleep sucking contentedly on his toes......I never said my family was "normal" :)
















More toe sucking fun!!!!

















Big B being a goofball!!!!

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The kids are so adorable! What is it with babies and toe sucking, LOL!

Great job on dying the yarn. It's a lot of fun eh? Can't wait to see the socks you make with it. I bet your daughter is going to love them!