Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SotS Clue #3 Done and kinda bummed

So I completed SotS Clue #3 and I am still thinking the answers are 1) Royalty 2) Princess (but could be Queen) 3) England. This Friday will be the 4th clue and we will be half way through :(. This has been my first KAL of anykind, and it has been fun. I jumped in head first and have been writing the charts out to a written pattern with 3 other ladies and it has slowed me down, but I feel good about helping non-chart readers out, as that was me just a bit ago! I think it is beautiful. You can't see the twinkle of the beads in the full shot.

I actually finished it 2 days ago, but now it has become a bit monotonous pinning it out each time so I couldn't bring myself to do it to get a picture, and without pinning it just looks like a purple blob. This morning when I got up and rolled across my flannel sheets and ended up with my pj bottoms wrapped 3 times around myself, I thought hmmmm I bet I could lay it on them and it would stick! Sure enough!!!!! WOOHOO, the dang cable needles are a beeeeotch to fight with though, I am not a fan of CP needles anymore after using KnitPicks! LOVE LOVE LOVE EM!
If you click to enlarge this photo you can JUST make out the bead in the center of the design. I love it in person. They are subtle but just lend that little extra somthin somthin!

It is finally hitting home that the bills are a struggle to pay, and Christmas is right around the corner. The kids have so many I wants, and there just is no way. John went from a full time job, were on island we were JUST keping our heads above water, to a 12-16 hour a week job......it just isn't doing it. I don't know what is going to happen, but here I am again in the dumps. Spent most of yesterday crying, and wracking my brain. This is not the way it is supposed to be. We are good people, all we have ever done is help those around us when they need help, and now when we need help in return it is no where. And it isn't like we want something for nothing either. John just needs a regular job....even just 2 or 3 days a week. We have a gap to bridge. I just don't know. We have started talking about selling stuff that we scrimped to save up to buy, when he was working, things like my spinning wheel, our digital camera, an ipod. We got them all at huge discounts, or second hand....I don't know. Life right now stinks, but at the same time I am lucky enough to have 3 beautiful kids, a hubby who loves me and my parents still with me as well as my Mother in law. It ain't all bad, just feels like it right now.

8 comments:

Peggy said...

Your stole is gorgeous!!!!! Yeah, I love Knit Picks needles they are awesome. Have you tried any of the Harmony needles. I really love them and they are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Your stole is fabulous! Keep up the great work. Try not to worry about tomorrow, there is always a master plan in place, we just rarely ever know what it is ahead of time. Glad you are enjoying the pattern. Fair Winds

SYLVIE said...

Your stole looks great! Love the color!

I'm sorry your having problems, but as Nautical Knitter says, there's a master plan and you just never know what's around the corner, just when you least expect it something will turn up.

I'll say a special prayer for you and your family

Brenda said...

Hang in there! Things will turn out better no matter how bleak they are now. When all else fails and you are stressed...KEEP KNITTING!
BIG HUGS!!

Jknits said...

Hang in there - I know how hard it is. It's not fair. The money and lack there of is the biggest stress in my life. We work hard, as do many people, and still it's tough to stay ahead of the bills. You are right to focus on what is good in your life. I too will say a prayer for you and your family.

Jen said...

Hang in there, Cuz.

You're in my prayers. *HUGS*

Dianne said...

The stole is so pretty. I love the color, and using the flannel sheets for photos is ingenious!

I'm so sorry things are so tough right now. Just keep believing that there is a reason why you are going through all of this, even though you don't know what it is right now. Wish there was some way I could help...

[[[Hugs]]]

Mother of Chaos said...

Oh, hang in there! We've been through that cycle more than a few times - seems we're always either "boom" or "bust" around here!!

Keep that chin up - there are a lot of people putting their prayers and good thoughts in for you. Pretty soon, $DEITY will just have to send you good things, if only to get us all to SHUT!UP!ALREADY! ;-)