Friday, February 09, 2007

Secret Pal 10 questionairre

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am spoiled a bit so I do not like acrylic at all. I like soft wools and mixes, nothing too picky. My favs. thus far are socks that rock sock yarn, self patterning yarns, cottons, and a new fav is wool n flax by Harrisville....YUMMO

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a knit picks needle binder thingy!!!!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I first learned from my grandmother when I was 6, but after leaving her home in maine at the end of the summer and returning to VA, I LEFT IT ASIDE....and picked it back up with a bit of self t4eaching and drawing on what I could recall when I was about 20. I guess I would say that I am somewhere between intermediate and advanced....I have tons I can learn, but I am willing to tackle any project big or small and figure it out.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?No I don't but there are tons of books I would love to have.

5. What's your favorite scent? I have several, my absolute fav. is The Body Shop's White Musk....I have worn it since I was 16 (almost half my life now YIKES) I love vanilla and anything citrusy

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes I do. and anything chocolate!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am deperate to learn how to spin!!!! I don't know anything about it at all! I love all crafts!! Sewing, scrapbooking, cooking the list continues!!!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like country, and classic rock

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Fav's are blues, purples.......as far as yarn goes mixes are awesome but if it is a solid color, greens and oranges are not my fav.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have 3 kiddies a 6 year ld daughter, a 2 year old son and a 7 month old son. I have 2 meat head female black labs and a black cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do, except for the ponchos, I have never had one so if I did I would probably wear it!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? SOCKS.....baby stuff. I like knitting sweaters too but always have to have that portable project going as well!!!

13. What are you knitting right now? Finishing a pair of fleece stuffed mittens for middle son, and a pair of socks for a friend.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes I love them.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circulars and metal!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I don't own either one. WOULD ABSOLUTELY love both but diapers are more important at this point :) so hubby acts as the swift and I am the winder :)

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Well it really isn't a UFO it is just a continuing project but I have a scraps blanket that I have had on the needles for 6 years.....every time I finish a project I use what is left of the skein for the blanket....I can look at it and say hey I remember the sweater I knit out of that or the socks fromthat one etc.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween......key note I hate Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Teddy Bears, used to be the stuffed version but now it is the nick nack version and I love celestial stuff

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I want them all!!!! I get Interweave KNIT MAG. I am dieing to learn lace knitting but really any of the new books like yarn girls, the stash knitting book, Mason Dixon knitting.... could go on....oh yeah any of Nancy Bush's books.....

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Hmmmmmmm I would really like to get good at fair isle.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? OOOOOOOHHHH YEAH!!!!!! my foot is a size 10!

23. When is your birthday? ARGH March 17 I will be 31......I was a green bicentinial baby!!!! :)

You know that was actually hard!! I hate talking about myself!!!! I will try and remember to talk about things I yearn for in my posts as my fear is getting a secret pal that is very vague and I can't figure out what they like..............LOL I am also a worrier!!! Can you tell?!?!?!

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great getting to know you better :o)

You asked about MagKnits on my blog. It's not actually a paper magazine, but it's online! Just go to www.magknits.com (I think that's the link. If it doesn't work, I have it on my sidebar) and you can find the pattern for the Falling In Love socks and many others as well :o)