Sunday, February 10, 2008

Help ME PLEASE!!!! I am mystified!

Ok so here is the success! Here is the tri fold moebius basket. I am not as happy with this one as I am with the first one which you will see in a future picture. I knit this simply to teach a few ladies how to do the cast on, which is easy but different, and tricky at the same time.



Now here is the 20 question time.....please send me some traffic, or the right answer!!! This sweater I knit for my gorgeous daughter, is now too small........:( It needs lengthening. I know it is possible but I really just can't figure out how to do it so it looks best. I know I have posed this question more than once. BUt I am finishing up my Inishman and this is the next thing I am going to tackle!! HELP Send me some knitters!!

As you can see it is a fairly simple pattern.......I am going to swatch the cable and then see if I can reverse it....I don't think it will look right I think there will be a jog in the pattern......the other thing I was wondering if was possible was to take out the ribbing and then knit like 6 inches of the ribbing and pattern and then kitchener it on???? Graft it on...si there a difference?


Here is the Inishman!! As you can see front ad back is done, and sleeves are being worked 2 at once and the increases are done....I have about 4 inches of sleeve and then the saddle shoulders....I am realy getting there WOOHOO!!!!

This is the true color.



This shows the patterns better!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

You are so talented! I can't imagine tackling a project like one of those beautiful sweaters, let alone trying to alter one. Have you tried one of the groups on Ravelry? I have no idea if there is a "Sweater Alterations" group, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Gramma Phyllis said...

The first question is "How much do you need to add?" that will make a difference in how you go about lengthening the sweater. If it isn't to much and you like the look, you could always pick up stitches along the bottom edge and add more ribbing.